Your Initial Assessment
Our counseling programs are designed to begin for students as young as eight years old and to grow with them as they progress through their academic career. In today’s competitive academic atmosphere, students should be given every opportunity to excel and AO can provide these opportunities and help guide students and their families towards making the academic decisions which will change their lives, whether they are children in elementary school or candidates for post-graduate studies.
As we are a selective consulting program, interested candidates are asked to make an appointment to come in for the required Initial Assessment & Strategy Planning Session. The formal evaluation process will review your documents and include a brief interview assessment to determine your current status and identify areas for improvement. We will also plan a general positioning strategy for your application and discuss other elements such as potential recommenders, and develop a preliminary risk-distributed school list.
What you will get:
- Formal evaluation of your entire application profile, using Ivy League standards
- Resume Analysis and Review
- SWOT Analysis: Identification of your key strengths, weaknesses, issues of concern
- Strategies to Strengthen Profile
- Standardized Test Selection & Timing Strategies
- Planning for Early Decision / Early Action, 1st Rounds
- Recommender Selection
- Timeline for everything between NOW and Application DEADLINE
- Customized School List with Risk Distribution and Estimation of Chances
What you need to bring:
- Transcript, grade reports, teacher comments
- Updated Resume: highlighting quantifiable achievements & leadership roles
- List of Activities: Community Service, Art, Music, Sports, etc.
- Standardized Test Scores (real and diagnostic): TOEFL, SAT, GMAT, GRE
- A short Writing Sample, preferably in first person
- The Initial Assessment and Planning Session is required of all candidates who would like to be considered for our selective Admissions Consultation program.